The Sociology of Development section is seeking a new co-editor of our newsletter, Sectors. This is a great opportunity for a junior scholar to get more involved with the section and its diverse members. Sectors is published semi-annually (generally in December and May), e-mailed to all current section members, and posted on the section’s website. The newsletter includes section news and reports, information about calls for papers and conferences, and feature stories.
The new Sectors co-editor will have a two-year term from August 2021 to July 2023. During the first year (2021-2022), they will work with current co-editors. During the second year (2022-2023), they will continue working with a new co-editor selected in 2022. The editorial team will work collaboratively to shape the content and formatting of the newsletter. They will seek out and develop original content and maintain regular features.
As part of the Sectors editorial team, the new co-editor will report to the Section Council (during council meetings) and work closely with the Chair and the Secretary-Treasurer.
• Member of the Sociology of Development Section;
• Strong organizational skills, including ability to meet deadlines;
• Strong written communication skills;
• Strong MS Word and Acrobat Reader skills
• Graduate students are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Application consists of:
• a one-page statement of interest, qualifications, and ideas for the newsletter
• a one-page CV
Please submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2021. Applicants will hear back by the end of the Spring 2021 term.