We invite you to submit news and announcements for the fall 2019 issue of Sectors, the Sociology of Development section newsletter. In particular, we welcome:
- Announcements about new book or journal publications (abstracts are not required, but encouraged)
- News of completed dissertations, research grants and awards, and/or new positions and promotions
- Announcements about upcoming conferences and workshops organized by section members, calls for proposals and papers, and job fellowship/grant opportunities (with late December deadlines or later)
- Job and fellowship/grant opportunities (with late December deadlines or later)
- Job market candidate spotlights, including (1) name, (2) affiliation/school, (3) email and website, (4) specializations, (5) dissertation title, and (6) short dissertation abstract (150-200 words).
- Short descriptions of member research projects in progress and photographs related to research, with an accompanying description
- Book reviews of texts with a development focus (please email us with your idea and we can work out the details)
We also encourage junior scholars (i.e., graduate students, recent grads, postdocs, and new faculty) to submit short articles (500-600 words) for Notes from the Field, a series that offers scholars an opportunity to share their research in progress with the section community. Notes from the Field essays should reflect on the research process–for example, providing a description of recent fieldwork, describing experiences in the archives, or reflecting on behind-the-scenes challenges of data collection and analysis for quantitative work. Faculty mentors are welcome to encourage their students to submit.
Please send all materials to Sectors editors Maria Akchurin and Jeb Sprague at SOCDEVSectors@gmail.com by November 15, 2019. The Fall 2019 edition of Sectors is scheduled for release in early December, so time-sensitive news items (such as calls for papers, job applications, etc.) should have deadlines in late December or January.
If you have any questions, please contact us at SOCDEVSectors@gmail.com.