The editors of the Sociology of Development section’s newsletter, Sectors, invite you to submit news, recent publications, calls for papers, and job market announcements for the Fall 2019 issue of Sectors. In particular, we welcome:
- New book or journal publications (abstracts are not required, but encouraged)
- News of completed dissertations, research grants and awards, and/or new positions and promotions
- Upcoming conferences and workshops organized by section members, calls for proposals and papers, and job fellowship/grant opportunities (with late December deadlines or later)
- Job and fellowship/grant opportunities (with late December deadlines or later)
- Job market candidate spotlights, including (1) name, (2) affiliation/school, (3) email and website, (4) specializations, (5) dissertation title, and (6) short dissertation abstract (150-200 words).
- Short descriptions of member research projects in progress
- Book reviews of texts with a development focus. Junior scholars are particularly encouraged to submit reviews, and faculty are welcome to recommend reviewers.
- Photographs related to member research, with an accompanying description
Please submit all materials to Sectors editors Maria Akchurin and Jeb Sprague at SOCDEVSectors@gmail.com by November 15, 2019. The Fall 2019 edition of Sectors is scheduled for release in early December, so time-sensitive news items (such as calls for papers, job applications, etc.) should have deadlines in late December or January.
We also encourage junior scholars (i.e., graduate students, recent grads, postdocs, and new faculty) to submit short articles (500-600 words) for Notes from the Field, a series that offers junior scholars an opportunity to share their research with the section community. Notes from the Field articles should provide a description of recent fieldwork. Faculty mentors are welcome to encourage their students to submit. The deadline for all Notes from the Field submissions is October 31, 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact the editors at SOCDEVSectors@gmail.com.