We are looking for a new webmaster for the section. It is a great way to get involved in the section and is a three year appointment lasting until 2021. If you are interested, you will be fully trained. Please contact the current webmaster, Molly Cook (email@example.com) and Secretary-Treasurer, Jennifer Hsu (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested! Deadline for application is December 31, 2018.
Duties tend to take no more than one hour per week:
– It is a three-year appointed position. If you take on the role, you would be expected to serve from 2018-2021.
– Your name and professional email would be listed on ASA as an authorized Section Webpage Editor, and on our Section Website as the person to contact with requested updates.
– You will manage all aspects of the website, which is hosted on the WordPress platform.
– You will also manage the Section’s Facebook and Twitter account, which is integrated with WordPress.
– You do not need to know coding to navigate WordPress. It is fairly user friendly, but there will be a minor learning curve. The new webmaster we be provided with a document that outlines key responsibilities and basic functions and assists with the transition by answering questions as you become familiarized with the system.
– We may be expanding website functions in the next year or two, but in cases where significant labor may be required (ie. major updates to Section resources), we would seek volunteers to compile information for you to upload. You would not be expected to compile the resources yourself.
– Finally, it is critical that website information is professional, accurate, and meets ASA standards. For example, listserv announcements are posted on the front-page website blog, but no job announcements are posted as that would violate ASA policy.