The editors of the Sociology of Development section’s newsletter, Sectors, invite you to submit news, recent publications, calls for papers, and job market announcements for the Fall 2018 issue of Sectors. Job market candidates are especially encouraged to submit a spotlight as a way to introduce themselves and their work to the section.
In particular we welcome:
- new book or journal publications, with citation and abstract (abstract is not required, but encouraged). Cover images for new book announcements and links to publications are welcome.
- book reviews of texts with a development focus. Junior scholars are particularly encouraged to submit reviews, and faculty are welcome to recommend reviewers.
- job market candidate spotlights, including (1) name, (2) affiliation/school, (3) email and website, (4) specializations, (5) dissertation title, and (6) short dissertation abstract (150-200 words)
- calls for proposals and papers (with deadlines of January 1 or later)
- job and fellowship/grant opportunities (with deadlines of January 1 or later)
- upcoming conferences and workshops organized by section members
- reports of development sociologists or scholarship in the news
- commentary on recent news stories and events
- news of completed dissertations, research grants and awards, and/or new positions and promotions
- short descriptions of member research projects in process
- photographs related to member research, with an accompanying description
We also encourage junior scholars (i.e. graduate students, recent grads, postdocs, and new faculty) to submit short articles (500-600 words) for Notes from the Field, a series that offers junior scholars an opportunity to share their research with the section community. Notes from the Field articles should provide a description of recent fieldwork. Faculty mentors are welcome to encourage their students to submit. The deadline for all Notes from the Field submissions is Wednesday, October 31st.
Please send all materials to Sectors co-editors Victoria Reyes and Maria Akchurin at SOCDEVSectors@gmail.com by Thursday, November 15th. The Fall 2018 edition of Sectors is scheduled for release in early December, so time-sensitive news items (such as calls for papers, job applications, etc.) should have deadlines in January or later.