Please see the call for submissions below, and note the 15 April deadline! Please send all materials to our fantastic newsletter editors at the email address below…
Dear Section Members,
The editors of the Sociology of Development section’s newsletter, Sectors, invite you to submit news, recent publications, calls for papers, and job market announcements for the Spring 2018 issue of Sectors. Job market candidates are especially encouraged to submit a spotlight as a way to introduce themselves and their work to the section in advance of the annual meetings.
In particular we welcome:
· new book or journal publications, with citation and abstract (abstract is not required, but encouraged). Cover images for new book announcements and links to publications are welcome.
· book reviews of texts with a development focus. Junior scholars are particularly encouraged to submit reviews, and faculty are welcome to recommend reviewers.
· job market candidate spotlights, including (1) name, (2) affiliation/school, (3) email and website, (4) specializations, (5) dissertation title, and (6) short dissertation abstract (150-200 words)
· calls for proposals and papers (with deadlines of June 1 or later)
· job and fellowship/grant opportunities (with deadlines of June 1 or later)
· upcoming conferences and workshops organized by section members
· reports of development sociologists or scholarship in the news
· commentary on recent news stories and events
· news of completed dissertations, research grants and awards, and/or new positions and promotions
· short descriptions of member research projects in process
· photographs related to member research, with an accompanying description
Please send all materials to Sectors co-editors Kelly Birch Maginot and Victoria Reyes at SOCDEVSectors@gmail.com by Sunday, April 15, 2018. The Spring 2018 edition of Sectors is scheduled for release in early May, so time-sensitive news items (such as calls for papers, job applications, etc.) should have deadlines in June or later.
Kelly Birch Maginot and Victoria Reyes
2017-2018 Sectors Co-editors