We are seeking a new co-editor of our section newsletter, Sectors. This is a great opportunity for a junior scholar to become involved with the section and network with other individuals in our subfield. The newsletter is published semi-annually (in the fall and spring semesters) and includes Council and section news, feature stories, calls for papers and other opportunities in the field, and the section’s official reports. Sectors is e-mailed to all current section members through the listserv and posted on the section’s website.
The co-editor will have a two-year term from August 2018 to July 2020. During the first year (2018-2019), the new editor will work in a team with one of the current co-editors. During the second year (2019-2020), they will continue working with a new co-editor selected in 2019. Both co-editors will work collaboratively to shape the content and formatting of the newsletter. They will seek out and develop original content for the newsletter and maintain regular features.
- Member of the Sociology of Development Section;
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to meet deadlines;
- Strong written communication skills;
- Strong MS Word and Acrobat Reader skills
- Graduate students are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Application consists of:
- a one-page statement of interest, qualifications, and ideas for the newsletter
- a one-page CV
Please submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2017. Applicants will hear back by the end of the Spring 2018 term.