It’s that time of year again!
The editors of the Sociology of Development section’s newsletter, Sectors, invite section members to submit news, information, recent publications, calls for papers, and job market announcements for the Spring 2017 issue of Sectors.
In particular we welcome:
– new member book or journal publications, with citation and/or abstract (abstract is not required, but strongly encouraged). A cover image for new book announcements as well as a link to the publication is welcome;
– member announcements: news of completed dissertations, new positions and promotions, news of research grants and awards received by section members, obituaries;
– Job market candidates: Please submit (1) your name, (2) affiliation/school, (3) email and website (if applicable), (4) specializations, (5) Dissertation Title, and (6) a short dissertation abstract (150-200 words);
– news about opportunities: calls for proposals and papers, job and fellowship opportunities, grant opportunities, event announcements about upcoming conferences and workshops organized by section members;
– short descriptions of member research projects in process.
The submission deadline is April 15, 2017.
Please send all material to Sectors’ co-editors, Svetla Dimitrova and Kelly Birch Maginot, at SOCDEVSectors@gmail.com . The Spring 2017 edition of Sectors is scheduled for release in early May, so time-sensitive news items (such as calls for papers, job applications, etc.) should have mid-May or later deadlines.