Dear Sociology of Development Member:
We need your help!
- Would you be willing to serve on one of our section award committeesthis year? If so, please send me a quick email with the committee of your preference. FYI: The majority of the work for these committees will take place in the late part of the spring 2017 semester.
Book Award committee
Faculty Article Award committee
Student Article Award committee
- We are looking for a new co-editor for our section newsletter,Sectors!The call for applications is below.
Thanks in advance for your willingness to serve–it is your participation that makes our section work.
We are seeking a new co-editor of our section newsletter, Sectors! This is a great opportunity for a young scholar to become involved with the section and network with other individuals in our subfield. The newsletter is published semi-annually (in the fall and spring semesters) and includes news from the Council and members of the section, feature stories, calls for papers and other opportunities in the field, and the section’s official reports. Sectors is e-mailed to all current section members through the listserve and posted on the section’s website and Facebook page.
The co-editor will have a two-year term from August 2017 to July 2019. During the first year (2017-2018), the new editor will work in a team with one of the current co-editors. During the second year (2018-2019), s/he will continue working with a new co-editor selected in 2018. Both co-editors will work collaboratively to shape the content and formatting of the newsletter. S/he will not only respond to submissions but seek out and develop original content for the newsletter.
The Section Council will select the co-editor from all interested parties, and the co-editor will report to the Council regularly (during council meetings). The co-editor will work closely with the Chair and the Secretary-Treasurer of the Section.
- Member of the Sociology of Development Section;
- Strong teamwork skills;
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to meet deadlines;
- Strong written communication skills;
- Strong MS Word and Acrobat Reader skills (both programs are currently used to format the newsletter);
- Graduate students are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Application consists of:
- a brief (1-2 paragraph) statement of interest and qualifications
- a one-page CV
Please submit applications to:
email@example.com by December 31, 2016.